BOBBY A. KEARAN
Pickens, MS 39146 • 601.906.3719
email@example.com • https://www.linkedin.com/in/bobbykearan
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Real world IT Experience in Enterprise and Managed Service Provider environments administering, monitoring and managing Linux and Windows servers in complex networks subject to Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPPA.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Utilize RMM tools such as Labtech to effectively monitor, manage and remediate Enterprise and Client networks, Servers and Workstations, Anti-Virus and Backup applications.
- Create scripts and applications to efficiently monitor, manage and configure Enterprise and Client Servers and Workstations.
- Configure and Deploy Servers such as Domain Controller, Exchange, SQL and LAMP for Enterprise and Client environments.
- Network Security Analysis and Remediation including Patch Management and Intrusion testing.
Code: AutoIT3, Visual Basic .NET, Powershell, SQL, Visual Basic for Applications, VBScript, HTML, PHP
SW: Labtech, ScreenConnect, Proofpoint Essentials, Webroot GSM, VMWare Vsphere, BMC CM, BMC Patch Management, VMWare Workstation, SharePoint, SQL Server, MySQL, Computrace
OS: Windows 8/.1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012/R2, Linux, Windows Server 2008, Ubuntu, CentOS (Red Hat Enterprise Linux), Windows 10, LXE Linux
OUR IT DEPARTMENT, Jackson, MS
IT Support Specialist (9/2015 – Present)
Evaluate health of endpoints for clients with multiple locations via LabTech. Maintain health of company and client network, servers, and workstations; monitor software installs/uninstalls, disk performance, and CPU/memory use and address concerns via remote remediation and/or replacement/upgrade recommendations.
- Manage LabTech by adding, changing, and removing users, clients, locations, scripts, and updates and performing background functions including adding/removing software and passwords
- Improve IT capabilities by installing/configuring SIP-based VOIP phone systems, racking servers, and re-purposing server to an enterprise password management Linux-based server
- Supervise Sophos URL/Web filter and oversee Enterprise Spam Filter (Can-IT Enterprise); added users, added always allow rules, and emptied spam queues.
THINK ANEW, Canton, MS
Automation Engineer (11/2013 – 9/2015)
Boosted system security by overseeing antivirus, email filtering, backup and disaster recovery, and mobile device management solutions for clients at multiple locations. Monitored health of endpoints for clients with multiple locations via LabTech. Utilized Webroot and ESET Anti-Virus, Airwatch mobile device management (MDM), MobileIron MDM, Proofpoint Essentials (email filtering) MSP, Webroot web security, Veeam backup, Intronis backup, and Symantec Backupexec to support various clients. Assisted in managing one instance configurations for single clients; re-sold services to clients. Secured workstations, laptops and servers to comply with HIPPA.
- Supervised and controlled delivery of services by deploying software, patches, and configuration changes via LabTech RMM
TRUSTMARK NATIONAL BANK, Jackson, MS
PC Technical Analyst II – Delivery System Support (6/2005 – 11/2013)
Improved health of endpoints via monitoring, troubleshooting, and conducting problem analysis/resolution regarding BMC CM Agent, Anti-Virus software, remote access software, and network availability. Administered patch management of Microsoft and non-Microsoft software including pre-deployment testing, delivered enterprise software consisting of package development/testing, deployed Trend Micro Officescan anti-virus, and maintained Officescan server. Requested and implemented changes in the environment in compliance with ITIL standards via BMC Remedy Change Management. Assisted with on-site technical migrations. Executed software delivery, patch management, and asset inventory and tracking company-wide. Installed, upgraded, maintained, troubleshot, and supported employee workstations and laptops. Used Lojack software to track and Full Disk Encryption software to protect laptops. Secured workstations and laptops to comply with Sarbanex-Oxley (SOX).
- Provided level three technical support by evaluating, implementing, addressing, and coordinating new releases, patches, and regulatory requirements
- Streamlined and improved IT support and problem resolution processes by creating and writing scripts and programs, including a program to allow technicians to quickly gather information and troubleshoot remote computers, programmed using AutoIT3, then ported to VB.NET.
- Developed program to pull computer names from active directory and gather information on health of computer, key processes, and services; designed Excel spreadsheet to sort/analyze data and report.
TEK SYSTEMS, Jackson, MS
Contract Technician (6/2003 – 5/2005)
Installed and configured desktop PCs with standard proprietary software, performed system conversions, breaks/fixes, and technical services for clients including Wal-Mart, Tyson Corporation, and the Social Security Administration. Determined solutions and brought bank employees online in expedient manner via troubleshooting hardware and software issues. Utilized AS400 interface software including Windows 95, NT, 2000 and XP, Microsoft Office Professional suite, Lotus Notes, Trend OfficeScan (corporate virus protection), IBM Personal Communications (emulator), Citrix, LaserPro, and various banking and insurance specific software applications.
Obtained Federal Security Clearance for two contracted jobs.
- Administered computer hardware and software support and installation for 800+ users in a secure, financial services environment
- Identified resolutions to issues regarding equipment and software in collaboration with Networking and PC Programming Departments
SELF-EMPLOYED, Jackson, MS
Computer Installation and Repair (3/2003 – 4/2004)
Performed LAN installation and maintenance and computer repair/maintenance. Trained users how to use various software programs and home computers. Expanded brand awareness for real estate client via design and maintenance of website. Tracked accounts using Excel and Quicken. Utilized technical environments including Windows 98, Windows 2000, Quicken, Excel, and Dreamweaver.
- Provided IT services to individuals and small companies; installed and repaired home computers, networking, and home systems
BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS, INC., Jackson, MS
Telephone Systems Sales (5/2002 – 2/2003)
Expanded client base by researching and cold-calling prospective business clients. Maintained database by tracking contacts and potential clients via Goldmine. Developed telephone systems in alignment with client needs. Initiated accurate running of wire and installation of hardware by relaying materials and layout requirements to cabling department. Programmed telephone systems.
- Drove business by designing and presenting sales presentations tailored toward client needs; wrote sales contracts and secured financing on as needed basis
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY, Saint Louis, MO
Currently enrolled for a B.S. in Computer Information Systems with
an Info Security and Assurance track
EAST CENTRAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Decatur, MS
47 Credit Hours, Computer Programming and Accounting
— Certifications —
Labtech Certified Professional (3/2016)
Airwatch Certified Cloud Professional (expired, 2015)
— Courses —
VMWare Vsphere ~ BCM Software Package Development ~ LabTech Certified Professional
— Professional Affiliations —
Junior Chamber of Commerce
—Additional Technical Proficiencies —
MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), MS Project, MS Visio, BMC Remedy, MS Visual Studio, Sharepoint Server, Remote Administrator, GoverLan Remote Management Suite, Active Directory, Trend Micro Officescan Anti-Virus and Disk encryption, Goldmine, LAN Systems, Sophos, Webroot Antivirus, Webroot Web Security, Computrace LoJack for Laptops, Computrace Full Disk Encryption, Symantec Whole Disk Encryption.